<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Unclean! Unclean! 

It can't be good for my religious belief that I surround myself with people whose reactions to it are so sarcastic. Upon hearing that I was going on a silent retreat tomorrow, my brother asked whether anyone had ever gone with the specific intention of making the monks speak; while Lorna immediately remembered Terry Pratchett's depiction of the prattling order (I'm not a Pratchett fan, so excuse incorrect references), and suggested that I do the exact opposite of everyone else, descending into silence only at meal times and during services. Of course, I can't just blame them. I was already planning to take along the book I'm reading at the moment, being Guérin's collection of anarchist writing - No Gods, No Masters.

Anyway, that's where I'll be for the next few days, so there will at least be silence from me here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?