<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Plato Ya Love To Hate-o 

Two great sites I've just found for the first time:

- The Skeptic's Annotated Bible. This is the full King James Bible, but without all the 'pro-bible' explanations of inconsistencies. Rather, it points them all out and shows us why 'Bible Believers' should be uncomfortable. I've never been a Biblical literalist, so I find it very interesting.

- Philosophical Powers [via Crooked Timber]. A site which casts great philosophers as superhero toys with special powers. I'm spending a lot of time with Plato at the moment, and I love the idea of a toy which comes with "Plato's guide to shadow puppets" and "special divided line accessory".

One of the things which has been in my head for a long time is either writing a book of short stories, or possibly something longer, setting political philosophy as fiction: Boys making cans of tomato juice and pouring them into the sea in a bid for ownership; The Levelled Down World versus the Divided World etc. But this site above gives an even better idea - philosophers as comic strip heroes!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?