<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Good work 

Adam has posted a list of his academic achievements and intentions for the summer, which makes me feel very unworthy. Every holiday I seriously intend to learn a little German and Russian - in order to have more communicative holidays - but it never happens. I also intend to read all the academic books I buy throughout the year, but with similar lack of success. So he deserves a pat on the back for actually getting down to it.

Two of the books I intend to read over the summer (fun rather than academic) are Mandeville's Fable of the Bees and Walzer's Just and Unjust Wars, so if anyone else (who hasn't read them already, or who is willing to read them anew) wishes to do the same, and talk about them via e-mail or in an Oxford pub, I'm open for discussion - a (virtual) book club might make me fulfil my intentions.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?