<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 06, 2005

Intellibuddy 

[Via Kat]. I've been reduced to talking with computers. However, this programme is a far cry from the days of text-based adventures which understood nothing except 'east', 'west', 'north', 'south' and 'inventory'. Here's the conversation I had, which, while admittedly nonsensical in parts, is frighteningly intelligent in others:

>Intellibuddy: Hi, I'm Intellibuddy! Nice to meet you.
>You: It's good to meet you too.
>Intellibuddy: Tell me about its good qualities.
>You: how can I? That is an nonsensical imperative.
>Intellibuddy: What is your highest level of education?Thanks for telling me, undefined.
>You: My highest level of education is "some college", as you Americans would say. >Intellibuddy: Your highest level of education is "some college" as you Americans would say?>You: Yes indeed.
>Intellibuddy: How can I help you?
>You: You can't. No one can.
>Intellibuddy: Oh yes I can.It's impossible?
>You: Yes.
>Intellibuddy: It goes without saying.
>You: Then why did you claim you could?
>Intellibuddy: Because my programming determined it.
>You: Why did you say anything?
>Intellibuddy: It was a preprogrammed response completely determined by your statements.
>You: Aren't you upset by this?
>Intellibuddy: No I am completely calm.
>You: I'm glad.
>Intellibuddy: That makes me happy too.
>You: Have you found Jesus?
>Intellibuddy: No I am still searching for Jesus.
>You: Might he be in your sock drawer?
>Intellibuddy: Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it.
>You: Perhaps.
>Intellibuddy: Why the uncertain tone?
>You: I was mocking you.
>Intellibuddy: Where were you mocking you you?
>You: You know you make no sense, right?
>Intellibuddy: Actually I was just free associating. I'll try to make more sense now.. And I know it.

Strangely engrossing.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?