<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Birmingham Evacuation 

Well, that was fun. Though I already knew bits of the centre were being cordoned off when I set out for work this evening (I work at a nightclub), I'd heard about places being cordoned off all over town after hoax calls in the past couple of days, so I wasn't too bothered. But then I reached the road leading up to work, and found myself confronted with police cars and hundreds of people walking the other way, including all the club's staff. Loudspeakers from all the police cars were telling us to walk away from the centre, and that there had been a number of controlled explosions.

People who'd already been drinking suggested everybody go to the local park and keep on partying. So it seems that while Londoners are 'stoical', Brummies are pure hedonists. And we'll have to wait and see whether these 'credible threats' really amount to anything...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?